"Does for mental clutter what Marie Kondo has done for household clutter." --Publishers Weekly
Relax and find happiness amid the swirl of the modern world with this internationally bestselling guide to simplifying your life by a Japanese monk who embodies the wisdom of Zen.
In clear, practical, easily adopted lessons--one a day for 100 days--renowned Buddhist monk Shunmyo Masuno draws on centuries of wisdom to teach you to Zen your life. Discover how . . .
* Lesson #4: lining up your shoes after you take them off can bring order to your mind;
* Lesson #11: putting down your fork after every bite can help you feel more grateful for what you have;
* Lesson #18: immersing yourself in zazen can sweep the clutter from your mind;
* Lesson #23: joining your hands together in gassho can soothe irritation and conflict;
* Lesson #27: going outside to watch the sunset can make every day feel celebratory;
* Lesson #42: planting a flower and watching it grow can teach you to embrace change;
* Lesson #67: understanding the concept of ichi-go ichi-e can make everyday interactions more meaningful;
* Lesson #85: practicing chisoku can help you feel more fulfilled.
A minimalist line drawing appears opposite each lesson on an otherwise blank page, giving you an opportunity to relax with a deep breath between lessons. With each daily practice, you will learn to find happiness not by seeking out extraordinary experiences but by making small changes to your life, opening yourself up to a renewed sense of peace and inner calm.