The word devotions strikes terror into the hearts of many dads...something dull and guilt-producing you read at 5 a.m. before you do your 100 push-ups.Enter Jay Payleitner, exit terror. Father of five and bestselling author of 52 Things Kids Need from a Dad (over 75,000 sold), Jay knows how regular guys think because he is one. His 125-plus coaching sessions--devotions, if you must--offer unexpected but relevant topics and touches of wacky humor, with titles like
- Dumping Allowed (listening to your kids)
- Let 'Em Fly (releasing your arrows --your children)
- Mile Marker 12:1 (teaching endurance)
- The Circle Game (telling your kids, We're in this together )
- Thou Shalt Not Whine (God always has a plan)
What About You? sections leave readers with a straightforward thing to do or consider for their day. Dads, younger or older, will be encouraged by Jay's seasoned wisdom and God-centered thinking. Great gift item.