The Porcelain Collection of the Grand Dukes of Hesse is admired worldwide. It comprises about one hundred and fifty objects, making it an important source of Frankenthal porcelain. The Frankenthal factory was one of the leading European porcelain makers in the latter half of the 18th century. Founded by Paul Anton Hannong in Strasbourg in 1721 as a faience manufactory, it moved to Frankenthal in 1755. The factory flourished after it was taken over by Carl Theodor, the Elector Palatine, in 1762. Modellers such as Franz Conrad Linck, Johann Friedrich Luck and Karl Gottlieb Luck enriched the stock of figurines by adding original and elegant models. Production at Frankenthal concentrated on court scenes, hunting scenes, allegories and the chinoisierie so popular in the Rococo period. The factory was disbanded in 1800 after a turbulent history. All pieces of porcelain in the porcelain collection of the grand dukes of Hesse are reproduced in colour and described. Introductory texts on the factory, technical data on the individual works and pointers on condition, provenance and comparable pieces make for a scholarly and complete presentation of the collection.