This Bible-study program combines Scripture, ancient practices of the faith, and the metaphor of balloons. Building on Psalm 143:8b, Teach me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul, this five-session Bible study teaches younger youth about listening to God and living as devoted disciples of Christ. Participants will be introduced to spiritual disciplines such as lectio divina and walking a labyrinth. They also play a variety of balloon games, some of which are challenging, some of which are merely a lot of fun, and all of which relate to a session's key teaching. The sessions follow these daily themes and Scriptures:
1. Follow (Genesis 12-21) Abraham follows
2. Trust (Genesis 37-45) Joseph trusts
3. Listen (Luke 10:38-42) Mary listens
4. Repent (Luke 19:1-10) Zacchaeus repents
5. Serve (John 21:1-19) Peter gets a post-Resurrection call to serve
Crosswind is designed for youth ages 11-14 and includes a leader's guide and a full-color student book. Ideal for a summer Bible school program or a mid-week Bible study.