The toddler version of the CLASS(R)
tool provides early childhood programs with an accurate, reliable way to assess effective classrooms. For use with children from 15-36 months, this standardized observation tool measures the effectiveness of interactions between teachers and children, a primary ingredient of early educational experiences that prepare children for future school success. The first tool to measure teacher-child interactions for the toddler age group, CLASS(R) Toddler
- Covers two crucial domains of teacher-child interaction Emotional And Behavioral Support and Engaged Support For Learning.
- Provides developmentally appropriate descriptions of what effective interactions look like in toddler classrooms
- Establishes an accurate, complete picture of classroom interactions through brief, repeated observation and scoring cycles
- Highlights areas of strength and areas for improvement useful for guiding improvement efforts
- Identifies challenges and helps identify areas for improvement
- Provides important information related to programs' most urgent needs: accountability, professional development, and research
- Has been used in several state evaluation systems and for national evaluations of Early Head Start
This useful manual includes detailed descriptions of the 8 CLASS(R) Toddler dimensions, administration procedures, and information about the tool's development. One copy of the CLASS(R) Toddler Dimensions Overview, a tri-fold reference sheet for observers, is included with the manual. This manual is part of CLASS
, the bestselling classroom observational tool that measures interactions between children and teachers--a primary ingredient of high-quality early educational experiences. With versions for infant programs, toddler programs, pre-K (in English and Spanish), and K-3 classrooms, the reliable and valid CLASS
tool establishes an accurate picture of the classroom through brief, repeated observation and scoring cycles and effectively pinpoints areas for improvement.Learn more about the entire CLASS
system. Sign up for webinars on CLASS presented by Teachstone.